Menstruation is a vital process of a woman's body that deserves caution and self-care. Poor hygiene during your menses can often result in some future health issues like infections, irregular cycle etc that can surely affect your lifestyle. Follow these simple menstrual hygiene tips and give yourself a happy and healthy periods.
1. Change sanitary napkins or tampons every 4-6 hours to reduce the chance of having irritation, rashes or urinary tract infections.
2. Wash your vagina regularly with lukewarm water to avoid organisms clinging to your body after you have removed your sanitary napkin or tampon.
3. Don't use vagina hygiene products during menses as during these days the self-cleaning mechanism of the vagina activates and these artificial hygiene products can hamper the natural process, leading to infections and growth of bacteria.
4. Stick to one method of sanitation. Using tampons and sanitary napkins, or two sanitary napkins simultaneously may keep you dry and stain free but can cause severe infections.
5. Have a bath regularly during your menses to get relief from those monster backaches and cramps.
6. Change those towels you dry off your vagina with to prevent coming in contact with the bacteria that can hang around damp towels.
7. Wash your hands before and after changing your pad, tampon, or cup to ensure maximum cleanliness as your hands come in contact with all kinds of stuff throughout the day.
Show yourself some tender love and care while on your period because your body deserves it.