No matter where we go, we Indians are always rooted to our culture and our Indianness. As the saying goes, you can take an Indian out of India, but you can't take India out of an Indian.
We either find a ‘jugaad’ for everything or we come back to our basics in some way or the other. Because if it ain't Indian enough, it ain't good enough for us!
1. No matter what international cuisine we savor, at the end of the day we come running home for ‘maa ke haath ka khaana.’
2. We love globe trotting but you can guarantee that in a week, we'll miss home like nobody's business!
3. We might rave about the special effects and intricate plots of Hollywood but we'll pick the laughing-crying-singing-dancing Bollywood masala any day!
4. We enjoy those crazy hangovers with our friends but there are times when nothing can beat our very own nimboo paani!
5. We might love those stylish skirts & dresses but when it comes to weddings, we pick our sherwanis & sarees!
6. We might like to flaunt the bobs & blunts every now and then but there is nothing that beats our good, old ponytail!
7. We might go gaga over Game Of Thrones and How I Met Your Mother but we still get nostalgic about Tu Tu Main Main and Shrimaan Shrimati.
8. We might do our shopping and outings in malls but that doesn’t mean well ever stop bargaining at the streets of Janpath and Linking Road!
9. We might love the long drives in our cars but a five-minute rickshaw ride in the rain will always take the cake!
10. We might feel more sexy & sassy in our heels but nothing can match the comfort of our cool and colourful chappals!
On the occasion of the 68th Independence Day, let us be proud to be Indians. After all, no matter which part of the world we are in, no one can take India out of us!