I've been living in Mumbai for more than 6 months now. And even in this short time, Mumbai has left an indelible mark on my personality and life. I have fallen in love with this melting pot of a city where you can find great paradoxes and little joys at every turn. Here are a few reasons why I think Mumbai is the most amazing city in the world.
1. It takes one ride in a Mumbai local to figure out the city’s geography.
2. Mumbai is a melting pot of uncanny aspirations.
3. When in doubt, you can always turn towards the sea.
4. In a place where money is the greatest religion, there is little room for communal hostility.
Mumbai has seen its share of communal tension. But as a city where dreams of fame, money and glory find a home in almost every mind, it has only come out stronger and braver.
5. It is safer for the fairer sex.
6. If you're not from Mumbai, you’ll soon realize that in this city, you'll never eat your fill and never be hungry enough to starve.
7. It's short on space but it has a giant heart.
8. As soon as you leave home, you enroll yourself for a crash course in cultural studies.
9. Mumbai has an incredibly large sweet tooth.
10. The expansive roads and cobbled architecture of Colaba transports you to another time and place in history.
11. An extremely cuddly and industrious group of humans called Parsis call Mumbai their home.
12. Liberal should be Mumbai's middle name.
13. 'Work hard, party harder', was probably coined exclusively for Mumbai.
14. And on days when the crowds, the sheer sights and myriad sounds sap all the energy out of you, you realize Mumbai, like a strict yet loving parent, has prepared you for life.