Sexuality and eroticism isn’t always porn and nakedness. The brain harnesses sexual energy in strange ways, and most of the time, subtlety is key. An act of love and passion is especially hard to put into words, which is why writers have tried to emulate the explosive nature of sex in literature for centuries. Sometimes they fail horribly and end up ‘winning’ the Bad Sex in Fiction Award , but on other occasions, they project the beauty and love of sex in a manner thought impossible.
Here are some of the best described literary sex quotes.
1. Delta of Venus, Anaïs Nin
2. Tropic of Cancer, Henry Miller
3. Beatrice Palmato, Edith Wharton
4. Wicked Lovely, Jess C. Scott
5. A Baumgartner Reunion, Selena Kitt
6. Dear Rockstar, Emme Rollins
7. Breaking Free, Cherise Sinclair
8. Justine, or the Misfortunes of Virtue, The Marquis De Sade
9. Don Juan, Lord Byron
10. Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
11. First Love, Isaac Babel
Let us know of some of the other good sex in books that we might have missed out on!
Top picks for you