Here are 15 things that may sound not-so-important now but were our biggest triumphs as we grew up:
1. The first time you got a star from your teacher
Or a perfect 10 on 10. Aaah. That feeling of joy!
2. Yourfirst stage performance
Remember the first time you stood in front of hundreds of people? Your heart was beating fast and your throat was dry. You avoided eye contact and gave your 100%.
3. When your teacher picked you over your classmates for a competition
Dance, debate or singing, whatever it was. The feeling that you got when your teacher selected you was just so heavenly.
4. ...Or appreciated you at the parent-teacher meeting
5. When you were the only one who knew the answer in class
OMG. I am so clever!
6. When you got a 5 on 5 in your project work.
Most of us wasted the entire summer holidays playing and had to finish the project a day before the submission. But when we finally scored full marks, it all seemed worth it.
7. When you faked an illness and your mom was convinced
Mumma, pet dard!
8.The first time your crush looked at you
Like butter melts on aaloo parantha. Sigh!
9. The first time your teacher asked you for a favour
Carry books? Get chalks? I am the luckiest person on earth.
10. The first time you wrote with a pen
Even writing with a pen was a luxury back then. " Bhaiya Chelpark ink dena."
11.The first time you drove a cycle without support wheels
12. When you became the class monitor
Minding the class seemed like the best thing to do.
13. The first time you bunked class and didn't get caught
14. When youwent out with your friends alone for the first time
15. When you took the dreaded board exams and scored well
Bas ab toh life set hai!
And these days it takes a promotion at work or an expensive shopping spree to make us happy. Truly, those were the best days of our lives!