I’m just gonna say it. College was the best time of my life. And it was also where I made the best friends I’ve ever had. Sure, I’ve got lots more money now and in some ways, life is more comfortable. But those 3 (or more – looking at you engineers and lawyers) years were enough to forge friendships stronger than vibranium (or valyrian steel, whatever floats your boat). Here are a few reasons why:
1. They were right next to you for all your firsts.
2. Boundaries? What are those?
3. They’ve been there through your worst days.
4. As well as your best ones.
5. They’re not going to judge you.
6. But they will always tell it like it is.
7. Whether it was one year ago or thirty, they’re never gonna let you forget about that really dumb thing you did once.
8. You’ve laughed like you’ve never laughed before when you were with them.
9. And you’ve shed more than a tear in front of them too.
10. You’ve never had to ask them for help, mainly because they were already by your side. In it together!
11. They’re the only people you can hang out with by doing absolutely nothing.
12. The connection you have with them is unspoken.
13. Seriously. Sometimes it feels like you share a look and you burst out laughing.
14. The stories you guys share will never get old.
15. But most importantly, they were with you in the years that shaped you to be the person you are today.
Those were probably the best times of our lives. Here’s to the brilliant memories we had and to making more with those crazy people we call our friends. Play it up with John Players .
Sponsored by John Players.
Top picks for you
LifeGrace Bainsin about 3 hours | 4 min read
In Other NewsNisha Singhabout 22 hours ago | 7 min read