“If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.”
Those who quietly sit at the corner of a coffee shop tightly clutching their diaries, who carefully preserve age-old coffee-stained, sepia-tinted handwritten letters, for whom every person they meet is a character in one of their stories, those who listen to every word you say carefully, the ones who believe in happy endings, those who might be shy at first, but once they start talking, stories flow through words of tongue and pen – those who write – are a story waiting to be untangled. Here is why you should date someone who writes:
1. They do not give up easily because they know that just like in writing, the first draft in life too is shit.
2. They are willing to work on it till it becomes better, and better.
3. They will teach you how to see beauty in the mundane. So even when the honeymoon period is over, the excitement never will.
4. Their simple good morning texts will be more than just a good morning and will totally make your day.
5. They will help you unravel things about yourself that you never really noticed.
6. They will remind you how much they like you every day, in a 100 different ways.
7. They will always bare their mind into honestly-etched words and sentences.
8. They will write for you and they will write about you.
What you say will be etched in words forever.
9. Because a person who writes always carries their heart on their sleeves.
10. You might just become a hero/heroine in one of their stories or books.
Even if you don’t, you will always be their first hero/heroine.
11. They carefully string together words and whatever they say is no less than a profound quote.
12. They will talk about the most random things, but never make a conversation boring.
13. They will talk to you till the middle of the night – meaning every word that they say, and then write about it in their diary – not to be shared with the world.
14. Their diary is their most prized possession and if they let you read it, you are one lucky person.
15. They will keep telling you how lovely you are, and how lucky they are to be with you, until you believe it for yourself.
16. It’s easy to make them smile – write them a handwritten note, or buy them some cute stationery and they will be the happiest people in the world.
17. They know how to make a great story – so you’ll never be disappointed with yours.
18. They will tell you exactly how they feel – something that rarely happens these days.
19. Because their style of wooing will be like no other. Their lines – written or spoken – will not be the cheesy, regular fare. Their lines will be articulate and original.
20. They probably have a fairy tale story for the both of you in their mind – but believe you me, it’ll be worth it.
And even if it doesn’t work out, one fine day when it’s long over, you’ll stumble upon a write up by them, an old message, or a coffee-stained letter which will leave a smile on your face.
…So, date someone who writes.
Images via Pinterest and weheartit