Those who quietly sit at the corner of a coffee shop tightly clutching their diaries, who carefully preserve age-old coffee-stained, sepia-tinted handwritten letters, for whom every person they meet is a character in one of their stories, those who listen to every word you say carefully, the ones who believe in happy endings, those who might be shy at first, but once they start talking, stories flow through words of tongue and pen – those who write – are a story waiting to be untangled. Here is why you should date someone who writes:
“If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.”
1. They do not give up easily because they know that just like in writing, the first draft in life too is shit.
2. They are willing to work on it till it becomes better, and better.
3. They will teach you how to see beauty in the mundane. So even when the honeymoon period is over, the excitement never will.
4. Their simple good morning texts will be more than just a good morning and will totally make your day.
5. They will help you unravel things about yourself that you never really noticed.
6. They will remind you how much they like you every day, in a 100 different ways.
7. They will always bare their mind into honestly-etched words and sentences.
8. They will write for you and they will write about you.
What you say will be etched in words forever.
9. Because a person who writes always carries their heart on their sleeves.
10. You might just become a hero/heroine in one of their stories or books.
Even if you don’t, you will always be their first hero/heroine.