Chatora: noun. A person who loves to eat and drink, with a special fondness for spicy and tangy food.
For "Chatoras" or Food addicts, phrases like "finger licking good!" aren't just a bunch of empty words. They're a way of life. Chatoras aren't just people who love chaats or street food, but people who can’t resist taking a bite of anything edible that is placed in front of them.
Here are some very evident signs that you are an honest to goodness "Chatora."
1. You have this weird habit of not only binging on the final dish, but also tasting the batter or chutney while the dish is being prepared.
2. You're the guy/girl with the golden palate. You're called to action every time when it comes to check ‘mirch masala’ in dishes.
"Zara chakh ke batana namak theek hai?"
3. And you use it to your advantage by tasting the dish again & again in the name of 'checking.' Or shall we say, 'chakkhing.'
‘Ek chamach kheer aur dena, you know, for testing...’
4. You don’t differentiate between cooked, half-cooked or uncooked food. It's all awesome.
A cooked 'maggi' is as yummy as the raw one!
5. People can always find bottles of Hajmola or packets of Aam Paapad, Imli, Ram Ladoo on your office desk.
6. You are a pro at finding food joints & chaat corners which no one else has a clue about.
7. You have this ‘I-can't-help-it’ problem of putting your fingers in every dish and from everyone's plate.
“Can I take a bite from your plate? I hope you don’t mind?”
8. You truly believe that food tastes best when eaten with your own two hands.
9. For you, having Kurkure & Crax is all about eating the masala , licking your fingers & then diving into the empty packet for the leftovers.