The greatest folly of man is perhaps the fact that in his race to pile up material possessions he often overlooks the things that really matter. Self-discovery is the most elusive goal for a human being. Sometimes you spend years doing one thing and end up losing your own identity. ScoopWhoop in partnership with eBay India, brings you a list of things you should do to go on a journey of self-discovery. After all, what’s the point of living if you don’t feel alive!
1. Visit places you won’t find on the Internet.
2. Volunteer in a children’s hospital.
3. Do an open mic at a stand up comedy club.
4. Overcome the fear of rejection by asking out a stranger.
5. Learn to play the guitar.
6. Experience the joy of playing a completely new sport.
7. Go on a spontaneous holiday with the first five people you can think of.
8. Go back to your school and meet your teachers.
9. Call up the people you’ve had fights with and sort out your differences.
10. Run a marathon and finish it.
11. Learn a new language.
12. Adopt a pet.
13. Do some gardening.
14. Move to a different city and start all over again.
15. Visit religious institutions outside of yours.
16. Make a difference to another person by sponsoring a child’s education.
17. Meet all your Facebook friends in person.
18. Try every cuisine in the world.
19. Learn to cook one dish & do it well.
20. And do something that this guy does (Andrew Zimmern)
21. Sing a solo at a karaoke event.
22. Go snorkelling in Sri Lanka.
23. Learn how to ride a horse.
24. Start your own business.
25. Get inked.
26. Sleep beneath a starry sky.
27. Go to a country less developed than yours.
28. Go to a country more developed than yours.
29. Try writing a book.
30. Take a gap year.
31. Try sushi.
32. Learn to eat with chopsticks.
33. Know the lyrics to your favourite song to the T.
34. Tell your parents how much you love them.
35. Trek through the picturesque Leh-Ladakh.
36. Switch off your phone for a month.
37. And lastly, do an all over India train journey. Get to know how beautiful your country is.
Life is short. Make the most of it. Like this guy did, who after losing his memory, rediscovered himself all over again with the help of his girlfriend and eBay India .
This ScoopWhoop article was brought to you in association with eBay India .