It is believed that when the legendary Albert Einstein was still a young boy, he devised the original version of this riddle. It is also said that only 2% of the population can actually solve the riddle.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and find out if you're in that 2%...
Here is the riddle:
1. In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours.
2. In each house lives a person of different nationality
3. These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.
And here is the question: who owns the fish?
Here are some hints:
1. The Brit lives in a red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water.
So, who owns the fish?
Think you have an answer? Can't figure out? Don't fret. Scroll down for the solution:
The German owns the fish.
H/t The Guardian