Every day we do things that are seemingly normal and perfectly fine. But sometimes, you stop in your tracks and suddenly realise that things aren't as normal as you made it out to be. If you've ever felt that way, you know what we're talking about!
Here's a bunch of things that you never realised were super weird, until now!
1. Balloons: Plastic sacks full of breath
Just for you! Happy birthday!
2. Tipping: Bribing people for being nice to you for a while
Please be nice? Dus rupaye dunga!
3. Crying: Feeling so sad you start leaking bodily fluids from your eyes
4. Names: Noises you have been trained to respond to
What if they decided to name you khaman dhokla?
5. Petrol: Liquid remains of ancient organisms
Have you ever thought of the fact that your car basically runs on the juice of creepy-crawlies from millions of years ago?
6. Money: Pieces of paper that we imposed great value on
Here is a piece of paper that we've decided is worth 50,000. Give me my diamond ring in exchange.
7. The fact that you pass your future death anniversary every year
And you have no idea when it is going to be.
8. Ties: Random pieces of cloth that men hang around their neck
Who decided it's a nice idea to go to a formal gathering with a useless piece of cloth hanging from their neck? Why?
9. Kissing: Putting your tongue into another persons mouth as a display of affection
Oooh! That guy looks hot! Let me put my tongue inside his mouth and see what that feels like!
10. Birthday candles: Wax sticks that we jab into cake, light, blow out and then remove to celebrate.
Happy birthday! Let me put these sticks on fire to symbolise your age.
11. Sleep: Voluntarily shutting down some processes of your body for some time
Brb, putting myself on stand by.
12. The fact that you have billions of bacteria growing on your skin and inside your body.
Some of them actually digest food for you.
13. Honey: Partially digested bee vomit
That we love to eat, and even call people by it affectionately.
14. Time: A process that has no beginning and no end, and we decided to break down into random units
Sixty seconds = one minute. Sixty minutes = one hour. Why?
15. Hair and nails: Dead cells of the body that we're extremely particular about.
Keratine based shampoo! So that my cells are stronger when they die.
Never thought about it this way, did you?
This post was inspired by a Reddit thread.