The young are wild and restless. And rightly so. Our appetite for fun is tremendous. But sometimes, in the name of fun, we do things that harm us gravely in the aftermath. This girl's story is the perfect example of shit gone out of hand.

A 16-year-old girl in Minnesota ended up in the hospital after overdosing on booze that she and her cousin found in her father's liquor cabinet.

Luckily, the girl's mother came to her rescue in time, after which she posted this on FB to warn every parent of teenagers:

Attention Parents:This is what 2 beers, 2 shots of Captain Morgan, 2 shots of apple pie moonshine, 2 shots of whiskey,...

Posted by Kelliee Jo Nelson on Saturday, March 8, 2014

Her warning is doing the rounds on the Internet and is a positive step towards creating awareness on substance and alcohol abuse among teens.

Parenting a teen isn't easy. And while we all want our parents to think we're responsible, sometimes things don't pan out the way we expect.

Moral of the story: Be careful. Know your capacity. Don't drink too much. Party hard but don't lose your mind. And most of all, keep your parents informed!