Friends is one of the most watched TV series of all time. There are people all over the world who were hit by its awesomeness, and they have been loyal ever since. The only depressing part is that Joey, Rachel, Ross, Phoebe, Monica and Chandler don't really exist.
However, these facts about the TV series will take you down the memory lane, and cheer you up.
1. Whenauditioned for the role he only had 11 dollars
When he got his first paycheck, he bought himself a hot dinner. Courteney Cox bought herself a new car.
2. Before the show was cast, the main love story was intended to be between Monica and Joey
3. Gunther didn't have a name until the middle of the second season. Originally, he did not have a speaking part
4. The theme song performed by The Rembrandts became a #1 single on the American pop charts
5. Chandler's father's gay Las Vegas burlesque show is named Viva Las Gaygas
6. Other titles considered for the show were "Friends Like Us", "Six of One", "Across the Hall", and "Insomnia Cafe"
Courteney Cox is actually older than David Schwimmer, though he plays her older brother on the show
8. The story line of Phoebe having her brother's babies was thought up whenannounced her real-life pregnancy
However, as she was not big enough to have triplets, and the show was shot in "TV time", the costumers had to pad her to make her look bigger for the show.
9.is the only regular cast member to not receive an Emmy nomination for their work on the show
10. The shows original theme song was "Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M., but was changed later on to "I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts
11. During the course of the series, all 6 of the friends change their jobs at least once. However, Chandler is the only one who never involuntarily left his job
12. Originally, Chandler and Phoebe were supporting characters
13. It had the most expensive commercial slot of any TV program in England with the exception of sports
Its 30-second commercial spots in the final episode sold in the UK for approx $1.8 million.
14. The main characters from the show are named after(1970) characters
Ross for Ross Chandler, Joey for Joey Martin, Chandler for the Chandler family, Monica for Monique/Daisy Cortland, Rachel Greene for Janet Green, and Phoebe for Phoebe Tyler Wallingford.
15. The orange couch used in Central Perk was found in the basement of the Warner Bros. studio
16. It was ranked #7 on Empire magazine's 50 Greatest TV Shows Of All Time in 2008
17. In the last few months of shooting Friends,became pregnant, but it was kept hidden
Seeing as Monica wasn't supposed to be able to have a baby, they covered up her pregnancy by making her wear baggy clothes while shooting the show so no one could tell.
18. Season Two is the only season of Friends where there is no episode on Thanksgiving Day
19. Phoebe's brother has a small cameo in the earlier seasons
He plays the boy who accidentally throws a condom into Phoebe's guitar case instead of a coin.
20. Joey's white dog statue was originally given toas a good luck present from her best friend
She offered to lend it to the show for the episode where Joey became rich and bought a lot of stuff. After that episode, the producers decided to keep it
21. T owards the end of the series, every lead character was paid $1 million per episode
That totals to $6 million for the main cast alone. The total cost per episode skyrocketed to $10 million per episode.
22. Everyone had the same last name in the opening credits of S06E01
Between seasons five and six, Courteney Cox married , and changed her name to Courteney Cox Arquette. An in-joke reference to this is made in the beginning credits of the episode " ", where the rest of the cast and executive producers have "Arquette" added to their names
23. Ellen DeGeneres had turned down the role of Phoebe
24. Bruce Willis guest starred on the show for free
25. Joey owes an estimated $114,260 to Chandler in the show
26. There weren't really any bedrooms behind those doors at Monica's apartment. In fact, they had the Central Perk set made on the other side of the wall!
The entries to her bedroom and the guest bedroom were fake. Bedrooms were assembled only when they were required.
27. O nly Matthew Perry (Chandler) was allowed to sit in the screen writings for the show.
He'd help the directors with jokes and punchlines for the scripts.
29. June Gable, who played Joey’s agent Estelle Leonard, also played a nurse in the episode where Carol gives birth to Ben
30. When Lisa Kudrow first read the , she thought Chandler's character was gay
You're a true fan if you knew a lot of them. Welcome to the club!