Saturday's calamity has left all of us shaken. With the death toll continuing to rise over three thousand and countless reported missing, the Nepal Earthquake is one of the worst disasters to hit the world in recent times. The international community has joined hands to help Nepal. You really want to do your bit but don't know how? Here is how you could contribute to the relief work :
You could volunteer to help through these portals by spending some time online :
1. The Humanitarian Open Street Map - Support Emergency Response By Building Maps
Source : NYPost
2. The Humanitarian Data Exchange - Share And Contribute To Their Repository Of Data On Nepal
Again, you could help by sharing the available data here , or by contributing in any manner possible.
3. Tracing Service of the International Committee of the Red Cross - Help Restore Contact Between People Separated During The Earthquake
If you know about people who were presented in the affected area but are missing now, you should add their name to the relevant list. On the other hand you can help others by sharing the updated list of safe individuals.
Source : NBC News
4. Humanity Road - Aid Communication Among The Affected
Volunteers can help in the collection of information on their site and can assist in amplifying official messaging. They help in the dispensing critical emergency aid information to those in need, connecting official charity, aid organizations and nonprofits with those requiring assistance or aid.
You could also consider joining, The Standby Task Force. You will be well equipped to help people in the future and probably assist Nepal in rehabilitation work later.
Source : Care
You could also assist by providing monetary assistance through these organisations :
Note - Remember to consult Charity Navigator to avoid Frauds.
1. The Govt of India Prime Minister's Relief Fund - Donate Here .
Source : NBCNews
2. The Gurkha Welfare Trust - Donate Here .
3. The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee - Donate Here .
4. CARE - Donate Here .
5. Habitat for Humanity - Donate Here .
Source : Edition
6. Help Nepal Network - Donate Here .
7. UNICEF - Donate Here .
8. World Food Program - Donate Here .
9. American Red Cross - Donate Here .
10. Mercy Corps - Donate Here .
Source : CNN
11. Oxfam - Donate Here .
12. Doctors Without Borders - Donate Here .
13. Lutherian World Relief - Donate Here .
Source : Mirror
14. Crowdrise - Donate Here .
15. Environmental Support Group - Donate Here .
Apart from monetary help, you could help by contributing medicines and other supplies :
1. Uday Foundation Delhi - Contribute Medicines and Essentials
The foundation is collecting medicines and other goods which shall be taken to Nepal. They sent 200 kgs of medicines with the help of JetAirways. Take a look at their Facebook page for updates and donations.
Source : Channel NewsAsia
2. Goonj - Sign Up As A Volunteer Or Help With Supplies
They have started collecting volunteers for relief work and are waiting for the go ahead from the concerned authorities. Take a look at their Facebook page for updates.
3. Narayani Rice Mill Pvt. Ltd. - Help Collect 15000 Kgs of Rice and Flour
Each KG of rice would cost merely INR 20 and atta would cost merely INR 16. You can make donations according to the following details - SBI current a/c. No. 32714126754. Ifsc-SBIN0013504. Micr- 713002386. Pan-AADCN2244H. SME-BURDWAN BRANCH. You could also contact the mill's owner: Mr. Ashok Agarwal on : +91 93 32 082128.
Source : Mkiss
You could also help by sharing these important helpline numbers :
Following are the helpline numbers issued by the Ministry of External Affairs: +91 11 2301 2113, +91 11 2301 4104, +91 11 2301 7905
And you could reach the 24-hour Control Room set up by the MEA at : +91 11 2301 2113, +91 11 2301 4104 and +91 11 2301 7905.
Indian Embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal are: 00977-9851107021, 00977-9851135141
Metropolitan police range (Kathmandu) : +977 4261945/ +977 4261790
Metropolitan police range (Lalitpur) : +977 5521207
Metropolitan police range (Bhaktapur) : +977 6614821
Paropkar Ambulance service: +977 4260859
Lalitpur Red Cross ambulance service: +977 5545666
Bishal Bazaar Ambulance service: +977 4244121
Red cross ambulance service: +977 4228094
Source : Mno