Whenever India has had to face any problem, Hindus and Muslims have together worked unitedly to help fight it. While there may have been some conflicts between people from both the religions, there is no denying the fact that most of us Hindus and Muslims have been living together harmoniously.
Muhammed Hussain, a 23-year-old software engineer from Hyderabad, writes a letter to Hindus in which he also talks about many misconceptions that some of us have about Muslims. This one is a must read!
1. You guys rock! You're very inclusive in your way of living and we love you for that.
2. Please don't try to set me up with a Muslim girl just because you happen to know one.
3. Diwali and Holi are thoroughly enjoyable festivals and we love it when we are included in the festivities.
4. If I don't drink at a party, please don't repeatedly ask me to. I'll be fine with a soft drink.
5. If I'm offering you a non vegetarian dish, you can rest assured that it is not beef.
6. I'm as horrified and disgusted by terror attacks as you are. In fact, I have the added horror of seeing my religion's name being tarnished time and again.
7. Our religious leaders do NOT discourage us from socializing with you.
8. Please don't ask me if I love India or not.
9. If I fall in love with a girl and she happens to be a Hindu, it isn't love jihad.
10. You can offer us prasad. Some of us would accept while others might decline. No harm in asking though.
11. Trust me, there are some idiots in your religion as well, just like there are some in mine.
12. Essentially, we love you guys, and I know that most of you reciprocate. Don't let some bigot destroy this bond.
Remember, religion is just an excuse. At the end of the day, we are all humans first.