If peace and tranquillity is what you seek, Kerala is the place to be. The serenity of the backwaters is only matched by the calmness of the ocean.
Here are 10 reasons why Kerala is where you should be heading to on your next holiday:
1. For starters, Kerala is referred to as God's Own Country .
You have to go there to find out how the place got that moniker!
2. Like a Kerala tourism ad claims, sometimes it takes a little water to rekindle the fire!
Kerala is the most favoured honeymoon destination in India and that should tell you the story.
3. As they say, Kerala will leave you speechless and then it will turn you into a storyteller.
You think Kerala is just rivers and seas and backwaters and then you find out about the hills.
4. You have to get lost before you can be found, according to Jeff Rasley.
When was the last time you were truly alone? With no one around you for miles and miles around? You can experience that feeling in Kerala...
5. Because if you have nothing to do, Kerala is the perfect place to do it in.
If you are sick of your everyday existence and want to escape from the mundane life and just do nothing, you should head to one of the beautiful beaches of Kerala.
6. Like J.R.R. Tolkien once wrote: not all who wander are lost!
Because every place in Kerala is a new experience. You will visit places that you had no idea existed!
7. As Anita Desai eloquently put it: Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.
No other place in India can make you feel as connected to nature as Kerala can.
8. You need to visit Kerala once to understand the beauty of Incredible India in its entirety.
Because whenever things are not working out for you and life seems to be on a downward spiral, a visit to Kerala will give a new perspective to your life.
9. Because sometimes in life you don't need a therapist. All you need is a travel agent.
And there is no therapy like a visit to the pristine backwaters of Kerala.
10. One more reason to visit Kerala? The world is a book and those who don't travel only read one page, said Augustine of Hippo.
And trust us, you have to read the chapter called Kerala!
So, when are you booking your tickets to Kerala?