Love is many things for people- happiness, security, sacrifice, strength. But for those in a long-distance relationship, love becomes a wireless network through which they communicate. It is also a test of their patience as they keep loving each other without sharing the physical closeness on a daily basis that others do. They wait eagerly for the day when they get to see each other again. And when they do, they make the most of it.
So what happens when you meet your sweetheart after a long time?
1. You find yourself striking off days on the calendar
Once the day has been decided, you fetch a black felt pen and neatly make a cross on the date. From the next day onward, the first thing you do is strike off another day.
2. You wonder why time can’t run faster
You find yourself checking your phone several times and wonder why time moves so slow.
3. And as the day comes closer, you start dying of anticipation
“What if the flight got cancelled?” “What if you didn’t get leaves from your job?” “What-if”, “What-if”, “What-if” . Several “What if”s run through your head, ALL THE TIME!
4. You find yourself listening to all ‘your’ songs on loop
The song that played when you met for the first time, when you kissed for the first time, when you met for the last time. You listen to all those songs, again and again and AGAIN.
5. You shop for clothes that your partner would like to see you in
You remember the time your partner paid you several compliments for this one particular dress and you remember your partner’s favorite color. You head out shopping and buy clothes which will make you look good.
6. You can barely conceal your excitement when the day finally arrives
You head to meet your partner with flowers in your hand and a smile on your face. The day has finally arrived!
7. After waiting for so long you finally meet and can’t help but notice how he/she has changed since you last met
He/She has probably gained some weight or lost a few kilos and the hairstyle might have changed.
8. But then you give each other a tight hug and realize nothing has changed
No matter how long you stayed apart, your feelings for each other did not change. The initial awkwardness that you felt on meeting after a long time vanishes
9. You then spend your time visiting all your haunts
The place you went for your first date, the place where you met for the first time and a lot of other places where you had been happy together.
10. From watching TV together to just aimlessly driving around, you find yourselves trying to spend each moment together
Distance helps understand how important being close to your partner is for you. When he/she is around you just don’t want to let him/her out of your sight even for a minute.
11. You cook for your partner
You may be a pro or an amateur, no matter what, you’ll find yourself cooking or trying to cook for your sweetheart.
12. Time flies so quickly and you dread the day you’ll have to part again
While you enjoy each other’s company, there’s that nagging feeling of that last day drawing closer. You can’t bear the thought of missing them again.
13. But then, magic! You realize you’ve just grown closer because of the distance
You both realize that you have become more patient with each other. You have also grown more fond of each other with time.