One of the things about being a girl in India is the constant pressure to get married and settle down. As soon as you turn 18, people start asking: "Shaadi kab karogi?" Marriage is important, but is it really that important? Is getting married and settling down the only purpose of existence for women? Isn't there a lot to be seen and done before a girl gets married?
Whatever society says, here are 15 solid reasons why marriage should be the last thing on your mind right now:
1. You haven't dated enough.
How can you just jump in the waters without testing them?
2. Or seen enough of the world yet.
3. You have to bag that dream job first.
4. And travel solo.
5. Living on your own is also on the cards.
Before you move in with that special someone, you need to live with yourself first.
6. Or at least with a pet or a plant.
A rehearsal is always good, no?
7. You haven't studied enough yet.
Marriage can wait, education cannot.
8. And want to get fit first!
How else will I flaunt that saree at my marriage?
9. You'd rather explore new things right now than get hitched.
New hobbies, new places - singledom is the time to explore new things and you still have a lot to catch up on.
10. There are just so many things to strike off your bucket list.
11. You haven't even saved up/invested enough.
12. Because you want to spend enough time with your family and take a trip with them first.
13. And declutter your life.
Starting a new chapter only makes sense when you have closed all the previous ones.
14. You haven't even fallen in love yet - mad, passionate love.
15. And finally, because you're just not ready for it.
In the back of your head, you know that you'll know when you're ready.
After all, marriage can wait, dreams cannot.
All GIFs sourced from Tumblr