Chutzpah, a Yiddish word that means extreme self-confidence or audacity, was first made popular in by Shahid Kapoor’s fire-cracker performance in Haider. Well, true to form, 2015 has been a glorious year for “Chutzpah,” with many misguided celebrities, wannabe celebrities and non-celebrities shooting their mouths off topics they should have kept shut on. Some shining examples are;
1. Ram Gopal Verma calling out Anurag Kashyap on the failure of Bombay Velvet despite having made “master-pieces” like Ram Gopal Verma Ki Aag.
And getting “burnt” in the process.
2. Singer and “Professional Pakistan Basher” Abhijeet comparing pavement dwellers to stray dogs in the aftermath of Salman Khan’s Hit & Run verdict in this amazingly insensitive tweet.
Kutta rd pe soyega kutte ki maut marega, roads garib ke baap ki nahi hai I ws homles an year nvr slept on rd @BeingSalmanKhan @sonakshisinha
— abhijeet (@abhijeetsinger) May 6, 2015
3. Farah Ali Khan also pitched in with a few words of wisdom and pulled off a perfect Marie Antoinette.
4. When Rakhi Sawant smoked something a little too strong and said this in an interview .
5. KRK still choosing to disrespect women despite getting insulted again.
6. Yograj Singh: Taking Dhoni down a few pegs in a not-so-classy way. And failing at it.
7. When cheating went to a whole other level in the Bihar board exams.
8. Chetan Bhagat judging everyone on Twitter and then judging the people who judged him on Twitter about judging a Dance Show… Uh… Yeah.
9. Arnab Goswami trying to shame the Indian cricket team after their exit from the Cricket World Cup. That did not go too well…
In fact, not only do these guys deserve a standing ovation, these guys deserve a proper award ceremony. Perhaps something like this?
Watch Part 2 here .
The film that made the word famous is coming to a TV screen near you. Haider premieres on & Pictures on 30 th , May 2015 at 8 p.m. Mark the date!
Sponsored by & Pictures