Who is a hero? Someone who sacrifices her entire life for another person. In short, every mother is a hero . She’s the person who brought you into this world and she’s the one who’s there for you no matter what. Your mom never complains, never demands and never ever acts selfish. Just think of all the things your mother has done for you, small and big, from as early as you can remember and you’ll realise how lucky you are. Here are 12 reasons why your mom deserves a medal.
1. Be it the time you fell down and grazed your knees or the time somebody in school was mean to you, your mother sat with you for hours and hours till you felt alright.
2. Despite having a hundred different things to do, she always remembered to pack healthy food for you in the morning and hid little treats for you in the lunch bag.
3. For all the times she hid her own personal problems and conflicts and put up a smile just so that you wouldn’t even feel a hint of negativity around you.
4. For trying to make you feel happy even after you threw fits of teenage tantrums and said hurtful things against her.
5. She’s still the first one in the house to wake up early just so that her family can wake up to cups of refreshing tea.
6. Your mom has to always make the toughest choices - if she sides with you in an argument against your dad, he’d be mad at her. If she sided with him, you’d be mad at her. We rarely feel for her situation.
7. No matter what illness you get, be it the common cold or a more contagious viral fever, your mom will sit with you, feed you with her own hands and stay up late till you’ve gone to sleep.
8. While you were growing up and your mom was fairly still in her youth, even she wished to meet her friends and spend time with them, but she sacrificed it all so that you would have a complete life.
9. For never ever expecting anything in return for the countless things she has done for you.
10. A lot of people tell you they’ll be there for you, they’ll take a bullet for you etc but you know that the only human being on earth who will actually put herself in danger for your safety is your own mother.
11. When you have a bad day you vent, when your dad has a bad day he vents but have you ever seen your mom get angry with you over her bad day? That’s because no matter what she goes through she hides it all for your sake.
12. For literally being there every single time.
If there’s anything close to a thing called ‘perfect unconditional love’, it’s what our moms show us. They don’t do the things they do because they have to, they do it because they want to and because they want to see us happy. Let us all tell our mothers today that we know how much they care and that we love them back just as much!