Why did he say that to me? She replied with a mere OK. What does that mean? Why am I here? What do I do next?
If you constantly find yourself asking these questions, welcome to the overthinkers club! Life here is not as easy as you think. You can’t help but analyse every tiny detail of everything that happens to you, or for that matter, anybody else.
Here are 15 signs of a person who thinks too much:
1. Sleeping is an everyday struggle. Right when you’re about to sleep, thoughts of “What am I doing with my life?” start haunting you.
2. And just when you’re about to doze off, thoughts like, “Is the door locked? What if a thief comes?” invade your mind.
3. When you have nothing to do, you go into a “What if this happened?” frenzy.
4. If you can’t reach someone on the phone, you always fear the worst.
5. You waste at least one hour every day wondering what to wear. When you finally decide, you end up changing your mind at the last minute.
6. You make every situation 100 times more complicated than it is because pros and cons have to be weighed. Every single time!
7. You think there’s a hidden meaning to everything.
“My boss didn’t reply to my hello this morning. Is he going to fire me?”
8. Making choices is the worst part of existence. You can never pick one option because you keep thinking if the other one is better.
9. Your best friend’s phone is full of screenshots and details of your life.
10. You proofread your text messages and status messages a 100 times before sending/posting them.
11. Also, you have so many unsent text messages and emails.
Should I hit the send button?
12. You are elated when you finally discover the meaning of something that happened weeks ago.
13. You can’t stop obsessing about your habit of overthinking, but you can’t really help it either.
14. Relationships are usually a mess. You overanalyse every little thing that your partner does or says.
We know what you’re thinking right now!
Top picks for you