Sometimes, you can’t even believe that you’re actually in a relationship with a person who is so completely different from you. Yet, you have learnt so much thanks to your partner! Here are a bunch of things that you’ll understand only if you are in a relationship with a person who is your total opposite!
1. Arguments have become a way of life for you.
It’s so hard to make your peace with your partner’s tastes sometimes!
2. But you also know how to patch up quickly.
Because once you get over your fight you can actually do awesome things together
3. You never share food because your tastes are completely different.
So you get to eat all your favourite food just by yourself!
4. One of you has to compromise when you go for movies.
“So what are we watching your kinda movie or my kinda movie this time?”
5. There are two kinds of fun in this relationship: “my kind” and “your kind”
And both are pretty awesome when you think about it.
6. You take turns at doing things you like, because your interests differ.
Last time, it was his choice. This time, you get to decide.
7. You are tired of your friends judging you with lines like “you’re turning into your bf/gf.”
No, you’re not. Sharing interests with another person does not make you a copy of them.
8. You come to realize that your partner has opened up a whole new world for you to explore.
Sometimes, you get to learn about things you didn’t even know existed!
9. But sometimes, you can’t help but launch into a “Why are you like this?” rant.
We all have our moments, after all!
10. You gain a whole new perspective on things, thanks to your partner.
They look at things in a completely different light, and it’s nice to get a different perspective on things.
11. You’re forced out of your comfort zone and that’s the best thing about your relationship.
You can try out something new with the comfort of knowing that your partner has your back at all times.
12. You surprise yourself all the time.
The more you try out new things, the better you come to know yourself.
13. You secretly start liking a lot of things you didn’t like earlier, but won’t admit it.
But it’s still fun to pretend that you hate them, just to have them try to convince you one more time.
14. “You have to do this for me ” is the trump card you both use on each other.
It’s the one line you two can’t say no to.
15. You learn that true love is about choosing to do the things your bf/gf likes without being asked.
“Let’s eat your favourite tonight.”
16. You are horrible at choosing gifts for each other. Eventually you figure that a gift card is the best gift.
Picking out something they love on your own is an impossible task, and you know it.
17. Every car ride starts with a fight over what music to play, rather whose playlist to play.
“But we played your songs last time! I want to listen to my songs now!”
18. It takes you forever to agree on the plan every time you go on a trip together.
He likes mountains, you like the sea…it’s just impossible.
19. You’ve had friends look at you with complete shock and say “how are you guys still together?”
And it’s the most annoying thing ever.
20. But honestly, you never thought you’ll end up with a person who loves all the things you hate, but here you are!
It’s not half as bad you had made it out to be in your mind.
21. The phrase “opposites attract” brings a smile to your face.
You know it’s true. You prove it every day!
22. There is never a moment of boredom in your relationship.
When you get bored of your own things, you move on to your partner’s!
23. That moment when you discover an interest you both actually share!
Are you serious?!
24. You feel special when your bf/gf makes the effort to try things you like.
Because you know how much they actually hate it, and you know what that feels like.