Everyone's favourite festival is almost around the corner. As we inch closer to Diwali, everything around us starts changing. There's a nip in the air, bright lights decorate the streets, mithais flow freely and people, in general, are happier! There's a reason why almost everyone waits for Diwali to arrive with bated breath, and the reasons are:
1. You can stay out as late as possible without having your parents say anything to you.
Be it a Diwali party at your cousins, or a dinner at your friend's place, late nights are a norm during this festival.
2. Cards party = Extra cash! Need I say more?
However, if your luck is not so good, it means free food and booze. And that my friend is a great deal too.
3. Diwali is the perfect excuse to skip the gym and ditch that diet.
Eat to your heart's content and worry about all the holiday weight once the festival is over.
4. It's the only time in the year when you visit relatives and cousins you haven't seen in ages.
And spending time with family is always a good thing.
5. If you have siblings living outside the city, then Diwali is the one time you can be sure you will get to spend some quality time with them.
6. The All-You-Eat food at all Diwali parties.
I mean, who can get enough of that yummy food?
7. Also, we look forward to the gifts.
It's the only time in the year you can ask your parents for something and probably get it for Diwali.
8. Diwali time is known for long weekends. It's like 2 days of work followed by 5 days of vacation time!
What more do you need in life?
9. It's the only time in the year that the streets are decorated with bright lights.
The entire city looks so pretty and that makes everyone happy.
10. And finally, the brand new clothes!
Now, that's something to celebrate, right?
There would have been no Diwali had the Ramayana not happened. Travel back to Ramayana battlefield with this quirky twisted video from UC Browser, secret revealed!
Sponsored by UC Browser