Sometimes boundless love and care is not just enough. Parents often overlook certain troubles their kids fail to express. If r etrospective research data is to be believed, as many as 1 out of 4 girls and 1 out of 6 boys experience some form of sexual abuse before the age of 18.
We came across a post on a Facebook Page called Zindagi Gulzar Hai that addresses some really important points, and we decided to share it. Hope it's useful:
1. Warn your child never to sit on anyone's lap, no matter what the situation.
2. Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2 years old. Learn to excuse them or yourself.
3. Never allow any adult refer to your child as 'my wife' or 'my husband'.
Source: How To
4. Whenever your child goes out to play with friends, be aware of the games they are playing.
5. Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with.
Be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.
6. Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn you may need to patiently ask lots of questions from your child.
7. Carefully educate older children about the right values of sex .
If you don't, the society will teach them the wrong values.
8. It is always advisable to go through any new material, like cartoons or comics before handing it to kids.
9. Ensure you activate parental controls on your cable networks.
10. Teach your 3 year olds about 'private parts' properly. Warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you.
11. Blacklist some materials/people you think could threaten the sanity of your child.
This includes music, movies and even friends and families.