Relationships are complex. One moment you could be on cloud 9, the other you could be sulking for some stupid reason. But these are all part and parcel of a beautiful bond that you share with your loved one, aren’t they? While no relationship is perfect, it is equally important to evaluate how far your relationship is from being perfect.
If solving issues is the only thing that keeps you occupied in your relationship, then mate, it’s time you thought about it again. Don’t believe us? Ask yourself if these 19 points apply to you:
1. When you look at her, you feel a sense of achievement rather than love.
2. You don’t remember the last time you guys had a long, uninhibited conversation.
3. You’re not sure whether you guys are even friends in the first place.
4. The lack of connection between the two of you is very evident.
5. Even your friends notice that.
6. You’re always conscious around her because she’s always judging you about something or the other.
You can never seem to live up to her idea of “the ideal man”.
7. She’s not motivation enough to do something special on Valentine’s Day.
8. Your relationship isn’t balanced because she’s always the one creating problems and you’re always the one trying to sort them out.
9. She is always invading your personal space but remains very protective of her own.
10. You feel that everything in the relationship is according to her convenience.
11. Your friends complain that you have become a new person in a bid to please her.
12. You don’t miss her when she’s not around.
In fact, you’re glad to have some time to yourself.
13. She is never ready to meet your folks.
And in the back of your head, you’re not sure if you even want her to.
14. You guys never discuss your future together.
Clearly, you don’t see any.
15. She is critical about everything in your life.
Your career choices, your friends, your parents… everything.
16. She has erratic mood swings for no rhyme or reason.
And that pisses the hell out of you.
17. Despite being in a relationship, you are a loner at parties and gatherings.
Because she never has the time for your parties and your friends.
18. No matter what you do, she’s always disappointed with you.
And to top that, she’s always blaming you for disappointing her.