“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” – Dorothy Parker
Curiosity, defined as a strong desire to know or learn something, is a bug whose bite it is impossible to recover from. Once you’ve been bitten, you will never be the same again. You will want to consume everything just for the sake of it, just like this list!
1. You find yourself getting interested in everything. ALL. THE. TIME.
2. You always have something to say about everything.
Your curiosity has led you to accumulate random information about everything you come across. And you love showing it off!
3. And when you are interrupted in the middle of something that’s caught your attention, this is what happens:
4. Your superpower is that you are good at many things.
5. It’s difficult to make up your mind about what interests you the most, but when you do, you invest everything in it.
6. You dive deep, and want to know all there is to know about it.
7. You believe that there is always something more to learn, and that pushes you to never stop exploring the subject of your liking.
8. You often pull all-nighters exploring things that interest you. It’s more stimulating than tiring.
9. Even after an all-nighter, your mind doesn’t shut down. You find yourself still thinking about it the next day. And the day after… for eternity.
It’s all cool as long as you don’t do it while you’re on a date.
10. You are easily amused by new things. No. That’s an understatement. New things EXCITE you!
You’re like a kid in a candy shop.
11. Things that others wouldn’t even notice pique your interest, and you end up spending hours learning all you can about them.
At this point, people roll their eyes at you and walk away.
12. You always have a lot of questions about everything.
Sometimes to the point of annoying your company.
13. You don’t seek external factors to motivate you. Your locus of motivation lies within.
You learn simply because you love to learn.
14. The feeling of boredom is alien to you.
Remember what Dorothy Parker said? Curiosity is the cure for boredom.
15. You can go days without everyday things like food, water, social interactions etc, but you cannot go even a second without doing what you do best: exploring things!
If any of this sounds similar then you, my friend, are a born explorer. And you’ll be glad to know that National Geographic India is looking for curious souls just like you who embody its spirit of exploration. So, just in case you’ve been crazily exploring anything in the field of art, music, culture, nature, photography, technology or more, then you could win a NatGeo Expedition to Machu Picchu!
So, don’t wait! Take part in Mission Explorer here and get set for your next adventure.All GIFs have been sourced from giphy.com
Sponsored by NatGeo