We all love spending a few nights in a fancy hotel, soaking in the tub, jumping on the beds and feeling like royalty. The zinger really comes with the bill when you check out though. That's something that people living in these hotels don't really have to worry about. There are rooms in hotels that charge more for a night than you and I make in ten years, and for what? Some silly tanning booths and way too many private pools.
Check out the most unnecessarily expensive hotels in the world!
1. Shangri-La Suite at the Shangri-La Bosphorus in Istanbul, Turkey : $26,400 a night
One night at the Shangri-La Suite will cost you $26,385. You get some kind of fancy Japanese silk pillows and the bathroom has heated floors and a giant mirror so your imperfections look that much bigger. Also, who needs THREE terraces, am I right?
2. The Presidential Suite at the Hotel Cala di Volpe in Porto Cervo, Italy : $26,000 a night
$26,000 a night gets you a solarium for your silly Jersey Shore tan which you can then show off at your private pool. Fake tans are so yesterday.
3. Royal Penthouse Suite at Hotel President Wilson, Geneva, Switzerland : $80,000 a night
This is the place that dictators and mafia bosses use when they want to live it up. They charge more than $80,000 per night, which includes armored doors, a private elevator and helipad access. That's kinda shady and MAJOR costly.
4. The Royal Villa at Grand Resort Lagonissi, Athens-Sounion, Greece : $47,000 a night
You get a personal trainer, chef and pianist on request at this mad expensive resort. For a massive $47,000, they'll even fly you into Athens on a private jet. My question is, WHY!? Just give the money to someone who needs it!
5. Shahi Mahal Suite at Raj Palace, Jaipur, India : $40,000 a night
They charge $40,000 a night. Basically, I don't understand how some people can't see that as a waste of money. Yeah you get a private theatre and gold furniture, but I'm just as comfortable on regular furniture thank you very much!
6. The Hilltop Estate Owner’s Accommodation At The Laucala Island Resort : $40,000 a night and written permission
There just isn't any extent that these millionaires won't go to. For $40,000 a night, you can stay at this resort and ride a horse on the beach and stuff. Weird right? Well, first you need to get a written permission to even be allowed to stay here. Damn you social status and class divide!
7. Penthouse Suite at the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel Martinez, France : $38,000 a night
It's $38,000 a night most times, except during the Cannes film fest, when rates double (yeah, calculate that). Anyway, they've got a 1000 square foot roof for you to sit on and reflect on the fact that you just blew more money than most people see in 3 years in one night.
8. Presidential Suite at the Mandarin Oriental in Pudong, Shanghai, China : $26,000 a night
At $26,000 a night, you get a you a crib with a private wine cellar, a meeting room and a host of other frills and fancies that nobody normal really needs. I'm sure I'd love Frette linens, if I had any idea what that was. The good life?
9. Jewel Suite, The New York Palace Hotel, New York, NY : $25,000 a night
This suite has some chandeliers and mosaics designed by some jewelry legend named Mark or something and goes at $25,000 a night. Again, I don't derive much pleasure out of looking at a chandelier, but hey, I might be the only one!
10. Basketball Hardwood Suite at Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas : $25,000
There's a room here for $25,000 a night with a fully decked out indoor basketball court and a lounge with a dance floor. Come on dude, just go outside and see the real world, jeez.