The bond between siblings is special. Your sibling is the only person who sticks around your entire life – outlives parents, friends and lovers. They know you better than anyone else and will always defend you, even if you might be terribly wrong. It is a relationship which needs to be celebrated, and you don’t need a special occasion for it. If you want to do something special with your sibling, taking a trip together beats everything else!
Here’s why you should take a trip with your sibling this Raksha-Bandhan:
1. It’s a Saturday!
This means you don’t have to take a leave from work to enjoy a weekend away with your sibling.
2. You and your partner in crime are on your own… And that can lead to some interesting new discoveries
Without the prying eyes of parents, you can do all sorts of quirky things and discover each other’s goofy sides.
3. You can paint the town red without a second thought because you are with the most reliable chaperone!
While you indulge, you know you’re as safe as you can be because your sibling will always have your back.
4. You don’t have to worry about who will pay
Especially, if you are the younger one. Older sibling always foots the bill.
5. You will collect some awesome stories together
What ties people together? Shared experiences. A trip is a great way to create memories that you and your sibling can always cherish and at some point, narrate to your grand-nieces and grand-nephews.
6. With nowhere to go, you can spend hours talking about your latest crush’s new boy/girlfriend
A sibling is the one person who knows you better than anyone else and is always your best confidant. With them, you can really pour your heart out and get an honest perspective!
7. You can be as cranky as you want to be
You don’t have to wake up early or eat your food with sophistication. Your sibling knows how cranky or lazy or clumsy you can be.
8. If you feel homesick, you can get a comforting hug from your sibling
The chances are that you won’t feel homesick at all. But if you miss maa ke haath kaa khana , nobody will understand better than your sibling.
9. Your sibling is the person you’ve learnt the art of being silly from! On a trip together, you can surely come up with some new tricks to weird people out
You can put straws up your nostrils and pretend to be a walrus and you won’t be judged.
10. You can finally tell them how you hated them getting more attention from your parents
Or how hurt you were when they told your parents where you hid your report cards or refused to fake their signature when you got caught playing hooky; demand explanations and finally, maybe, forgive them.
11. You will discover your undying love for them
The love for a sibling surpasses all other loves. They have been around pretty much all your life and are likely to be the only person who will be around for the rest of your life. Time alone with your sibling will make you realise that your bond is one that is unbreakable.
12. You will make your parents proud
Because nothing makes a parent happier than a big fat happy parivaar !
Don’t think about it too much. Gift your sibling this awesome Make My Trip travel voucher and tag along for the ride.
Sponsored by Make My Trip