Most of us feel discomfort at the thought of being on our own – going for a movie alone, eating at a restaurant alone, going for a walk alone. What we don’t realise is that sometimes being on our own can be the most rewarding experience. And that statement applies more to travelling than anything else. Travelling alone might seem like a daunting task but the fruits of that journey will last a lifetime. It’s an experience that’ll broaden your mind and leave you richer inwardly. Here are 10 reasons how travelling alone can be an eye-opening experience:
1. There’s no character building technique more time-tested and effective like a journey you undertake on your own.
2. When the entire planning of the trip rests on your shoulder, you’re bound to come out of it a more responsible person.
3. In today’s over-intrusive world, even a moment to yourself is valuable. A self-exploratory trip is priceless.
4. When you don’t have the comfort of travelling with your friends or family, you’ll be forced to interact with new people. And that’s never a bad thing!
5. It’s a cure for any kind of misery life throws on you – break up, loss, depression, unrequited love – travelling alone, seeing the world and how others get on with their lives will cure most pain you have.