A birthday is a special day for anyone. It’s the day you started on this awesome journey we call life. And from that moment on, it becomes a day of reflection, happiness and most importantly, celebration. Why not celebrate such a special day somewhere equally special? How about bringing in your next birthday in one of these incredible places:
1. Go scuba diving in the famous yet seldom explored Blue Hole in Belize, one of the best preserved marine eco-systems in the world.
2. Take a trip to the Andes and trek up to the ruins of Machu Picchu.
Who knows? Maybe you’ll figure out what it was originally meant for.
3. Ski down the gorgeous slopes of Whitefish, Montana, while taking in the incredible snow ghosts.
Relax, it’s just trees engulfed in beautiful white snow.
4. Take the special person in your life for a dip in the warm springs of Cascata del Mulino, in the heart of Tuscany.
If there ever was a place that deserved the term paradise, this is it.
5. Head to Arizona and hike your way to ‘The Wave’. While it can be a gruelling walk, the pay off makes it all worth it.
6. Ring in another year of awesomeness at the place that inspired the planet Pandora, the Avatar Hallelujah Mountain.
7. Talk a walk along the Iguazu Falls, the biggest waterfall system in the world.
Twice as tall and three times as wide as the Niagara Falls, this truly awesome spectacle is a humbling experience.
8. Walk through the peaks of Hawaii and watch the landscape literally change before your eyes at Kilauea Volcano.
9. Go snorkeling with your buddies in the underwater wonderland that is the Great Barrier Reef.
10. Take a trip to Bolivia and walk across the clouds at Salar de Uyuni.
11. Or if that doesn’t rock your boat, why not take a stroll among the stars at Vaadhoo, Raa Atoll.
12. Travel to South Africa and make your way up to the gorgeous Blyde River Canyon, the largest green canyon in the world.
13. Head to Reykjavik with your friends and let nature help with the celebrations with the world’s greatest light show, the Northern Lights.
14. Take in the world (or as much of the world as you can take) from Trolltunga, or the Troll’s Tongue. Imagine bringing in your birthday with a view like this:
15. Take a break from the world and breathe in the beautiful horizon with the mysterious Moai at Easter Island.
Who knows, maybe you can figure out what they’re looking for.
It’s important to celebrate things, both big and small. They break up the hum-drum of our lives and bring much needed mirth and bonhomie which makes it all worth it in the end. Speaking of celebrations, Fox Life, a channel that has led the way in lifestyle, travel and food for over a year, celebrates its 1st birthday today, #FoxLifeTurnsOne. So let’s celebrate and #GoPlaces
Sponsored by Fox Life