“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
Every woman has many dreams and aspirations that go way beyond having the perfect wedding and a happy marriage. But somehow, even the most independent woman has been conditioned to compromise her heart’s desires for her loved ones’ benefit. While it is admirable to take care of someone else’s needs, here are a few times when a woman should not give up on what she truly wants, because #HerDreamsDontDie.
1. Choose the career you want without letting anyone else’s doubts come in the way. You know your interests, strengths and weaknesses better than anyone else.
2. Don’t let anyone tell you that a hobby is a waste of time. Hobbies are an important part of who you are, and you’re never too old to pursue a new interest.
If you will move to another country if a good opportunity arises for your boyfriend or husband, you should expect him to do the same.
4. Marriage doesn’t mean that you have to put on the homemaker hat. In fact, you should continue working not only for yourself, but also so you can also contribute to the house.
5. Marriage also doesn’t mean that you can’t study anymore. If there is a course you would like to pursue after getting married, there’s no reason to not do it.
Life isn’t a linear progression from school to university to work to marriage.
6. Having kids is challenging and requires a deep commitment, but it is not the end of your life.
Being a mother is a part of who you are, not your entire life.
7. Continuing to work and pursue your own goals after you become a mother will make you a great role model for your child.
8. If you decide you want to quit your job and write a book, or take a sabbatical to travel the world, the only thing that should come in the way is whether or not you have the money to support yourself.
9. There’s no such thing as a “man’s job.” Women have earned their place in every field of work, and if someone tells you otherwise, you should simply prove them wrong.
Watch the journey of a young woman who, despite the many challenges that life throws her way, continues to follow her dreams, in Tamanna only on @StarPlus tonight at 10.
All images have been sourced from giphy.com
Feature image source: indianweddingsaree.com
Sponsored by Star Plus