Here are 20 things that you can do with it:
1. You can make copper and brass polish at home with help of salt.
Mix equal parts of salt, flour and vinegar. This paste is great for removing the green tarnish from copper pots, making them shine again.
2. Salt helps remove watermarks from a wooden surface
Make a paste by mixing 1 teaspoon salt with a few drops of water, and gently rub it on the water mark. You might have to use the furniture polish to restore the shine.
3. Salt helps remove the smell of garlic from your fingers. Mix salt with some lemon juice and rub your fingers with it and you’re sorted.
Don’t apply on wounds though! You won’t be happy.
4. Remember the TV commercials that ask if your toothpaste has salt? Well, salt actually helps in achieving that twinkling smile.
All you need to do is mix equal parts of salt & baking soda and use your wet toothbrush to clean your teeth. And, smile!
5. Get rid of that annoying foot odour from smelly shoes with just 2 spoons of salt.
Salt effectively cancels out the moisture, which causes shoes to smell bad. Get rid of the odour from your smelly shoes by sprinkling 2 table spoons of salt in them. Leave it for sometime and the odour will run away in minutes.
6. Salt is the cheapest remedy to drive ants off. Sprinkle salt along their path and the area where they tread. Problem solved!
7. Can’t seem to break a hard-boiled egg without braking it’s shell? Just add a teaspoon of salt to water before boiling eggs and you’ll never face this problem again.
8. Salt helps in keeping cheese fresh. Just wrap it in a cloth soaked in salt water before storing it in the refrigerator.
9. Use mildly salted water to wash green leafy vegetables like spinach. It drives off the dirt in just one rinse.
10. Salt also helps get rid of blood stains. Just soak the cloth in cold salt water and then wash it in warm water using soap.
11. To keep sliced potatoes, apples, pears and other cut fruits from browning, keep them in a bowl of mildly-salted cold water.
12. Get rid of garden slugs by spreading salt on them. Avoid using it in the soil as it can harm the plants.
13. Make your fresh cut flowers last long by adding a pinch of salt in the water.
14. You can also unclog a drain in minutes with salt!
Mix 1 cup of salt with an equal amount of baking soda, 1/2 cup white vinegar, and pour the mixture down the drain. Allow the mixture to sit inside for sometime before pouring boiling hot water into it. Thank us later.