“Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.” – Anonymous
So, you’ve been seeing each other for a while. You get along like house on fire. And there’s fire under the sheets, too (pun intended). It all seems perfect, and lately you’ve been considering taking things a step further. But wait! Before you commit to that dream-come-true-relationship, make sure you’ve had a shopping date with your partner.
Believe it or not, buying a new pair of shoes CAN change your life. Okay well, maybe not your life, but certainly your relationship. Here’s why:
1. Because you need to figure out how much time is acceptable to spend in a shop.
You might think you need at least an hour to make sure you didn’t miss out on a piece of treasure, while your partner might scan everything with an eagle’s eye and hate the idea of spending more than five minutes at one shop.
2. You may want to try on everything before you make a purchase, while your partner might just pick up what they like without caring too much about the perfect fit.
Can you handle that?
3. It’s a foolproof way of finding out if your (potential) boyfriend / girlfriend will try to dictate what you wear.
And that’s where you draw the line.
4. And of course, if their fashion sense is up to the mark.
Because it is crucial that they know what looks good on them.
5. People either hate window shopping or love it and for your relationship to last, it is imperative that both of you are on the same page.
6. If you can’t agree on a colour scheme for the house, there’s simply no point taking your relationship further.
And the most non-threatening way to figure this out is to casually browse through a home furnishing store.
7. The best relationships are those in which one is a spender while the other saves. A shopping date will show you if you can strike the perfect balance.
You are a team.
8. But if the one who saves always expects the other to foot the bill, that ain’t gonna fly!
There’s always a limit to buying “presents.”
9. It will help you build an inventory of presents for them that they will actually like.
10. In all likelihood, you will end up buying something that is for the both of you. And just like that, a shopping date will take your relationship to the next level.
Or maybe it will just become another thing to fight about. Either way, this co-owned object will help you determine the fate of your relationship.
Are you ready to find out the fate of your relationship?
All images have been sourced from tumblr, unless otherwise specified.