Sometimes, simply telling someone you love them is not enough to show just how much they mean to us. Every once in a while, we all want to do something memorable and special for our loved ones. For those times when you want to show them just how much they mean to you, here is a list of things you can do.
1. Give them a hand-written letter.
In the age of emails and SMSs, no one takes the time to write letters to each other. Pen down everything you want to say to your loved one, even if it is something as mundane as you thanking them for the way they greet you. The letter will find a special place in their lives and hearts.
2. Cook them their favourite meal and make a feast out of it.
Make the meal from scratch. It doesn’t have to be an exotic five-course meal. Even if it is something as simple as scrambled eggs, they will appreciate the gesture.
3. Take them out on a dinner without any occasion.
One of the ways we take our loved ones for granted is by not making the effort to go out and do things together. Get out of the rut of hanging out in pyjamas every day, and take them out for dinner at their favourite restaurant.
4. Call them once a day just to say hello.
We all get busy with our everyday routine. Calling your loved one for no apparent reason, just to say hello, will let them know that you are thinking of them.
5. Surprise them with something they have always wanted.
Pay attention to what they want, and then get them that. The greater the surprise element, the more meaningful it is. Take inspiration from the woman in this beautiful video by Chevrolet who makes her husband’s childhood dream come true.
6. Let them know that the little things they do for you make a big difference in your life.
Telling someone exactly how they make your life better can be more meaningful than simply telling them you love them. It will let them know that they are irreplaceable in your life.
7. Tell the world just how awesome you think your loved one is.
It will let your loved one know that you are lucky to have them in your life.
8. Don’t stop complimenting them.
Telling your loved one something as seemingly benign as they look good can make a whole lot of difference.
9. Help them even when they don’t ask for help.
Whether they are working on a new project or doing chores around the house, offer them a helping hand. This will let them know that their goals are just as important to you.
10. Spend a day with them without your phone or laptop.
A day without Whatsapp and Facebook is a very small price to pay for just how special and appreciated your loved one will feel when you give them undivided attention.
Sponsored by Chevrolet