In a deadly attack, eight CPRF personnel were killed and more than two dozen were injured after militants attacked a CRPF convoy in South Kashmir’s Pampore area on Saturday. The two militants were also killed in the retaliatory firing by the security forces.
Here’s what we know till now
- The incident took place at Frestbal in Pampore, 14 km from Srinagar, when the militants fired at a bus carrying CRPF personnel.
J&K: Terrorists attack bus carrying CRPF personnel in Pampore. More details awaited pic.twitter.com/OGJ8uEkwXG— ANI (@ANI_news) June 25, 2016
- The Road Opening Party (ROP) of the CRPF retaliated and, in the fierce gun battle that ensued, over three dozen paramilitary personnel were injured.
- As soon as the two militants were killed, evacuation process was carried out and the injured CRPF personnel were rushed to Army’s base hospital.
- While 5 CRPF personnel were declared brought dead, three more soldiers succumbed to their injuries at the hospital.
- As many as 28 other personnel were still admitted with gunshot wounds.
- Inspector General of CRPF Nalin Prabhat rushed to the spot and was leading the combing operations.
- Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police K Rajendra, who visited the spot, said the two terrorists had been neutralized but “unfortunately we have suffered some causalities too”.
- Rajendra also said the militants “in all probability they seem to be from Pakistan.”
- This is the second attack on a bus carrying security personnel within three weeks.
- On June 3, terrorists had fired at a bus carrying BSF personnel in Bijbehara, killing two personnel.