Apple Inc Chief Executive Tim Cook launched Apple Watch, its first new product in five years, at a live event in San Francisco on Monday. The smart watch will be available in three versions with the high-end version priced at $10,000 and available in stores from April 24, 2015.
If you are an Apple fan, here's all that you need to know about the Apple Watch:
1. The three versions available are
Apple Watch: Stainless steel cases in traditional and space black finish, starting at $549.Apple Watch Sport: Anodized aluminum cases in silver or space gray, starting at $349.Apple Watch Edition: 18-karat gold cases in yellow or rose priced at $10,000.
2. All-day battery life across a range of activities. During a typical day, up to 18 hours of battery life can be expected.
3. The new Apple Watch app is available for download in iOS 8.2. The app allows you to set up the watch and choose which notifications to receive.
4. The Apple Watch lets you pull your boarding pass from Passbook when you’re near the airport; Lets you check into your hotel and unlock your room via SPG app.
5. It lets you request a ride on Uber. You’ll also get a notification when your car is arriving.
6. The smart watch lets you raise your wrist and say “Hey Siri” to do all kinds of things like open an app, get directions, make a phone call etc.
7. You can make calls and see who’s calling, answer the call on the Apple Watch using the built-in speaker and mic.
8. The watch will be available in nine countries: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, United Kingdom and the United States.
Customers and fans will be able to try on the watches and pre-order April 10 onwards.
The bad news is that you will have to wait until Apple decides to sell its newest product in India.