Taking a giant leap in the northern states, the Bharatiya Janata Party dominated the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Bihar was no exception. The state sends 40 lawmakers to Lok Sabha.
BJP+ 36, Congress+ 4, Others 0.
Leading in 36 constituencies out of the total 40, BJP+ handed a crushing defeat to the opposition in Bihar. While BJP's tally of seats increased by 6, the Congress party lost 5 extra seats in comparison to 2014.
Key players: BJP candidate Ravi Shankar Prasad leading over Congress candidate Shatrughan Sinha by 2,52,619 votes.
Lalu Yadav's Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leading in Jehanabad by a meagre 4,162 votes.
In the much debated Begusarai constituency, Giriraj Singh of BJP leads CPI's Kanhaiya Kumar by 3,67,389 votes.
These are the leading candidates in the constituencies of Bihar:
1. Araria: Pradeep Singh of BJP leading
2. Arrah: Rajkumar Singh of BJP leading
3. Aurangabad: Susheel Kumar Singh of BJP leading
4. Banka: Girdhari Yadav of JD(U) leading
5. Begusarai: Giriraj Singh of BJP leading
6. Bhagalpur: Ajay Kumar Mandal of JD(U) leading
7. Buxar: Ashwini Kumar Choubey of BJP leading
8. Darbhanga: Gopal Ji Thakur of BJP leading
9. Gaya: Vijay Kumar Manjhi of JD(U) leading
10. Gopalganj: Dr. Alok Kumar Suman of JD(U) leading
11. Hajipur: Pashupati Kumar Paras of LJP leading
12. Jamui: Chirag Kumar Paswan of LJP leading
13. Jhanjharpur: Ram Preet Mandal of JD(U) leading
14. Karakat: Mahabali Singh of JD(U) leading
15. Katihar: Dular Chand Goswami of JD(U) leading
16. Khagaria: Chaudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser of LJP leading
17. Kishanganj: Mohammad Javed of Congress leading
18. Madhepura: Dinesh Chandra Yadav of JD(U) leading
19. Madhubani: Ashok Kumar Yadav of BJP leading
20. Maharajganj: Janardan Singh Sigriwal of BJP leading
21. Munger: Rajiv Ranjan Singh of JD(U) leading
22. Muzaffarpur: Ajay Nishad of BJP leading
23. Nalanda: Kaushalendra Kumar of JD(U) leading
24. Nawada: Chandan Kumar of LJP leading
25. Paschim Champaran: Dr. Sanjay Jaiswal of BJP leading
26. Patna Sahib: Ravi Shankar Prasad of BJP leading
27. Purnia: Santosh Kumar Kushwah of JD(U) leading
28. Purvi Champaran: Radha Mohan Singh of BJP leading
29. Samastipur: Ramchandra Paswan of LJP leading
30. Saran: Rajiv Pratap Rudy of BJP leading
31. Sasaram: Chhedi Paswan of BJP leading
32. Sheohar: Smt. Rama Devi of JD(U) leading
33. Sitamarhi:Dr. Varun Kumar of JD(U) leading
34. Siwan: Kavita Singh of JD(U) leading
35. Supaul: Dileshwar Kamat of JD(U) leading
36. Ujiarpur: Nityanand Rai of BJP leading
37. Vaishali: Veena Devi of LJP leading
38. Valmiki Nagar: Baidya Nath Prasad Mahato of JD(U) leading
39. Jahanabad: Surendra Prasad Yadav (independent) leading
40. Pataliputra: Misha Bharti (independent) leading
Though Ram Vilas Paswan and his son garnered some votes for LJP, it was JD(U) and BJP who clearly swept away the Bihar polls this time around.