Delhi girl Tina Dabi has topped the Civil Services examination, 2015, according to the Union Public Services Commision website. The results were published on Tuesday, with Jammu & Kashmir’s Athar Aamir Ul Shafi Khan coming in second position.
Talking to ANI, Tina said she wants to be a role model to girls in the country, aspiring to clear UPSC in the first go.
Want to be a role model for girls aspiring to clear UPSC at first attempt: Tina Dabi who topped Civil Services exam pic.twitter.com/6MH2OOzoba— ANI (@ANI_news) May 10, 2016
Keeping that in mind, we compiled 7 things you need to know about Tina Dabi, India’s newest role model.
1. Tina Dabi is just 22-years-old
2. She graduated in Political Science from the prestigious Lady Sri Ram College in New Delhi.
3. She studied in Convent of Jesus and Mary in New Delhi.
4. She chose IAS and Haryana cadre since she found it highly challenging.
5. She came first among 1,078 candidates appearing for UPSC.
6. The girl has a history of topping. She topped her class 12th CBSE examinations, and was also a topper in college, before topping UPSC.
7. Tina credits her mother for her victory. Her mother, an engineer, said that her daughter was “her hero“.
“Patience, focus, discipline and family support worked in my favour,” says Tina Dabi
Well Miss Dabi, we wish you the heartiest of congratulations for your victory. Continue to make us proud!