Former President of India Dr APJ Abdul Kalam is not with us anymore. But his lively speeches and quotes will be remembered forever. The great son of the soil, who died on Monday, July 27, will continue to rule the hearts of millions of his fans.
He was not only known for his contribution as a scientist and technical expert but also as a president who used to present himself more as a teacher and motivator. The 83-year-old man was an inspiration for the young Indians. Most of his quotes and speeches have already been cemented in the collective psyche of individuals, not only in India, but also across the globe.
He is known for quoting incidents from his own life while making speeches. He might be no more but his words shall remain immortal.
Here are some of his best speeches:
1. APJ Abdul Kalam's speech in European Union Parliament in 2007, at the golden jubilee of the EU in Strasbourg, France.
2. APJ Abdul Kalam's inspirational speech on leadership and motivation at 'Lets's Think Ideas India' in New Delhi during mid-December of 2008.
3. Kalam's uplifting words at SRM University, Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai, in 2014. During the address, he asked the 27,000 students present in the auditorium to repeat after him the definition of knowledge. He even made the aspiring students of medicine pledge to provide free service to the poor by going to rural areas.
4. "A leader should know how to manage failure," Kalam said in an interview with India [email protected] during India Economic Forum in Philadelphia in 2008.
5. At Voluntary Health Services Hospital (VHS) in Chennai.