A footwear shop was gutted in a fire in suburban Bandra area of Mumbai on Tuesday morning, police said.
Linking road, bandra…. crazy pic.twitter.com/lr4nd1Ud52— Rana Ayyub (@RanaAyyub) July 21, 2015
No one was reported hurt in the blaze that occurred in the shop on Link Road in Bandra (West), they said.
Fire breaks out at a restaurant in Bandra, Mumbai. Four fire tenders at the spot. pic.twitter.com/LzwTA4BwPU— ANI (@ANI_news) July 21, 2015
Fire started at 10 am, no casualties yet. Fire brigade is doing its job: Sanjay Kadam, ACP pic.twitter.com/kEd4T7SdY7— ANI (@ANI_news) July 21, 2015
The fire brigade got a call at 11.15 am, after which eight fire engines were rushed to the spot. Efforts were still on to douse the flames, officials said.
Prima facie, the fire is suspected to have been caused due to a short-circuit in the shop which was closed when the mishap occurred, police added.