On Friday, an 82-year-old Frenchman ended up blowing up his kitchen and the roof of his house while trying to kill a fly. 

Source: rimstar

Reportedly,  the man from Parcoul-Chenaud had just sat down to have dinner when he spotted a fly. To get rid of the insect, he used an electric racquet unaware of the fact that there was a leak in the gas canister in his house. 

House fly
Source: BBC

This lead to an explosion which damaged parts of his kitchen and the roof. 

The man only sustained a burn to his hand and has been sent to a hospital in Libourne for a check-up. 

house fly
Source: Getty/ Yahoo News Australia

It is being said that his family members are repairing the house while the man is staying at a local campsite. 

It's proven that flies are up to no good and should not be messed with.