The instances of smartphone batteries exploding and people losing their lives because of it doesn't seem to end. In a similar incident, a 14-year-old girl lost her life in Bastobe, Kazakhstan.

Phone caught fire
Source: ABC News

According to a report by The New Zealand Herald, Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek was sleeping when her phone's battery exploded while charging. The report further reveals that she was listening to music in bed before falling asleep and she was found dead the next morning. The police believe that she suffered severe injuries on her head that likely killed her immediately.

Phone caught fire
Source: The Independent

It was confirmed by the forensic experts that the phone exploded early in the morning after overheating. Alua's best friend, Ayazhan Dolasheva said 'she can not believe it'. After the incident, she posted an emotional message on social media. She wrote, ‘You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.’

Phone caught fire
Source: ABC News

In a similar incident in Madhya Pradesh, Lakhan, a 12-year-old boy lost his life while charging his smartphone.

According to UNILAD, there have been a number of other incidents that took place recently, including a severe injury of Jacob Cohen, an ex-soldier from Thorntree. The report says that the phone caught fire when Jacob tried to manually reset it.