So, in case you're wondering how much it costs to get yourself treated for COVID-19, this Instagram post by ScoopWhoop Unscripted gives you an idea.
1. Treating a normal COVID-19 patient, without life-saving equipments, can cost somewhere between ₹20,000-₹25,000 daily.
2. By that logic, if a patient stays in hospital for a 14-day treatment, it would cost between ₹2,80,000-₹3,50,000.
3. As there is no specific treatment available for coronavirus, the bill of a coronavirus patient could vary from 3 lakhs a week to 16 lakhs a month.
5. Patients also have to pay for PPE kits, but while different hospital have different rates, on an average a person pays somewhere between ₹3,000 to ₹15,000 per day.
6. Apart from that, patients also have to pay the room rent. And, while the cheapest room can cost between ₹1,000 to ₹1,500, an ICU can cost between ₹7,000 to ₹16,000 per day.
7. There are other added charges like consultation fees which can range from ₹2,500 to ₹5,000 per day. Even the monitoring fees is as high as ₹3,000.
8. Some private hospitals are charging between ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 per day for a ventilator.
Currently, Delhi hospitals have issued a circular fixing the minimum bill value at 3 lakhs to be charged from patients.
India has reported over 2,87,000 coronavirus cases and the numbers are rising significantly almost every day.