Speaking at his fortnightly Mann Ki Baat address to the nation, PM Modi addressed the issue of demonetisation and said he is confident that India will succeed in the move.
He also made his strongest push for a cash-less society so far, saying that while cash-less is difficult at the moment, “less-cash” can be done immediately.
PM Modi also praised the security forces for their sacrifices and underlined that it wouldn’t have been possible to celebrate Diwali without them securing our borders.
I understand your problems but for a disease which has infected our country for 70 years, treatment can’t be simple: PM Modi #MannKiBaat— ANI (@ANI_news) November 27, 2016
Here’s all what he said:
- I know that you support this decision; also know that you are contributing a lot to make this a success
- I can see the hard work of our bank employees and others who are working to help people post demonetisation; thank them all
- A few people are stilling looking for ways to convert their black money into white; they are using poor people for this
- Encouraging everyone to embrace the new technology such as e-banking and online payments, he praised the advantages of “cashless economy”.
Time has come for everyone, particularly my young friends, to embrace e-banking, mobile banking & more such technology. pic.twitter.com/VfPtIl6m2I— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) November 27, 2016
- I invite small traders to adopt cashless economy as it will bring about a huge transformation in the country
- There has been 300% increase in the use of Rupay card since poor people started using it; it is as simple as sending a WhatsApp
Poor started using Rupay Card, which was not used that frequent, after Nov 8 decision & nearly 300% development happened: PM #DeMonetisation— ANI (@ANI_news) November 27, 2016
- I took this decision for the country’s poor, farmer, labour, deprived and for those who are suffering
- I reiterate that I need your support; I am positive that you will help me in this; take a pledge that you’ll be a part of cashless economy
- Common man will be trouble free if they are made aware of the digital financial transaction options; youths can do this quickly.
- “Learn how this digital economy works. Learn the different ways you can use your bank accounts and internet banking. Learn how to effectively use the apps of various banks on your phones. Learn how to run your business without cash,” he said.
You can read the full text here.