Here’s a quick roundup of all the news you might have missed out during this week.
1. The unemployment rate in India shot up to 14.5% in the week ending May 16, 2021, the highest in the last one year.
2. India recorded 1.86 lakh COVID cases in a day, lowest in 6 weeks.
The number of COVID deaths stood at 3,660.
3. 6 persons have been arrested in Bengaluru in a case involving the rape and torture of a woman, a video of which was circulated on social media.
4. A Delhi-based YouTuber has been arrested for making his pet dog float up in the air by tying hydrogen balloons on its back.
The man runs a channel called ‘GauravZone’ and deleted the video after outrage.
5. IMA has served a defamation notice to Ramdev for alleged remarks against allopathy, demanding an apology from him within 15 days, failing which it said it will demand a compensation of ₹ 1,000 crore.
6. Repatriation of fugitive businessman Mehul Choksi has been stayed by a court in the Caribbean island nation of Dominica.
7. Bashar al-Assad has been re-elected as the president of Syria for the 4th term.
8. A 28-year-old man was arrested for allegedly supplying liquor in milk containers in west Delhi’s Mangolpuri area.
9. Delhi’s first drive-through COVID-19 vaccination centre opened at Vegas Mall in Dwarka. 70 people got inoculated on the first day.
10. The Union government has approved a proposal to provide financial assistance to families of 26 more journalists who lost their lives to Covid-19 in the ongoing financial year.
11. Twenty people in north India have been given two different Covid vaccine jabs for their first and second doses.
They were given a shot of Covishield in early April, but then got the locally developed Covaxin as part of their second dose in May.
Important ones, right?
Top picks for you
ViralAaliyah Jainin about 2 hours | 3 min read
EntertainmentVasudha Sabharwalabout 22 hours ago | 2 min read