Standing atop the historic Red Fort and under the shadow of the tricolour, the Prime Minister of India spoke to “team India”. During his 90 minute speech, Narendra Modi did not highlight any new policies, instead he chose to provide a report card of his 15 months in government. From tackling corruption to sanitation in schools and his cleanliness drive, the PM exuded pride in his government and his country.
– This is a morning of hope of the dreams and aspirations of 125 crore Indians. This Team India is a team of 125 crore Indians.
– I assure the servicemen and I am saying it under the Tricolour from the Red Fort – we have accepted OROP. Some talks are still on. The way the talks are going on I am expecting something positive.
– We are looking at systems for enabling start-ups. We must be Number 1 in start-ups. ‘Start-up India’ and ‘Stand up India’. Every bank should ensure that its every branch gives loans for start ups to at least one Dalit or tribal.
– Nobody wants to remain poor. Those who are poor want to move away from poverty. That is why, all our programmes must be for the poor. All our schemes must serve the poor. Be it MyGov, letters from citizens, Mann Ki Baat , communication with people — jan bhagidari is increasing on a daily basis.
– If there is something that has touched every person, it is the movement towards cleanliness.
– Simplicity and unity are India’s strength, it should never be tainted or hurt. There is no place for casteism, communalism in the country.
– Even after so many decades of Independence, there are 18,500 villages in India which do not have electricity. In the next 1000 days, we will attempt to provide electricity in each and every village.
– I want to reaffirm that this nation will get rid of corruption. We have to start from the top. Corruption is like a termite, it spreads slowly, reaches everywhere but it can be beaten with timely injections.
– There has been no accusation of even Re 1 corruption in the 15 months since this government was formed.
– I proudly say that the ‘Give it up’ campaign for gas subsidy has been successful. 20 lakh people have given subsidy up.
– We have change the way we look at workers in India and for that the government has introduced Shrameva Jayate Yojana .