Security forces on Wednesday killed one more terrorist as the operation to flush out holed up ultras inside the building of Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI in Pampore on the Srinagar-Jammu National Highway entered third day on Wednesday.

The bodies of the two terrorists killed in the operation, which has now been going on for over 50 hours, have been recovered, officials said.

b’Smoke billowing out of the multi-storied EDI building, where some militants were holed up during a gun battle with the Army at Pampore on Tuesday | Source: PTIxc2xa0′

Security forces have been pounding the building of Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) with mortars and rockets since Monday after three militants barged inside the complex with the aim of engaging the law enforcing agencies.

The security forces have managed to enter one portion of the building but are proceeding cautiously as one more militant might be hiding inside.

“The operation at Pampore is still going on but it is definitely now in final stages,” an official said.

The operation has been now going on for 52 hours as most parts of the concrete building has been reduced to a skeleton after many of its walls were blown up.

b’Representational image|Source: PTIxc2xa0′

Elite Para commandos of the army have also been called in to neutralise the militants, the official said.

The ultras could have entered the complex from the riverside but that can only be ascertained once the operation is over, the official said.

After getting inside the complex, the militants set on fire few mattresses inside a hostel room to attract the attention of the police and other security forces, which arrived within minutes of the smoke emanating from the building.

b’Source: PTIxc2xa0′

In the initial exchange of firing, one army soldier was injured, the officials said.

Militants had targeted the EDI building in February this year as well

Five security force personnel including two young army officers and a civilian employee of the Institute and three militants were killed in that operation which lasted 48 hours.

(Feature image source: AFP)