Narendra Modi's BJP has won an overwhelming majority in the Lok Sabha elections 2019 and is all set to rule the country for the next 5 years.
So let's hope that the new government takes into account what India wants as it sets the rules of the game.
1. Take steps to solve the undying problem of unemployment.
2. Ensure religious freedom for all the communities that call this country home.
3. Provide machinery so that manual scavengers don't have to risk their lives by jumping into sewers.
4. Do not suppress the voices of dissent.
5. Listen to the farmers and take care of farmer suicides.
6. Preserve wildlife, especially save India's national animal, the Royal Bengal Tiger.
7. Do not ban any eating habits that people practice.
8. Bring justice to the victims of mob lynchings.
9. Focus more on building hospitals and schools than temples.
10. Make laws to deal with the problem of environment pollution.
11. Refrain from making unscientific statements at science conferences.
12. Remove restrictions on the pursual of subjects for PhD candidates.
13. Have proper provisions in place if you plan on introducing something like demonetisation so that people don't lose their lives and livelihood.
14. Encourage small scale industries by providing them with loans and subsidies.
15. Make education and healthcare the primary focus for the next 5 years.
16. Make the streets safe for women.
17. Criminalise marital rape.
18. Let the PM attend press conferences and take the questions himself.
19. Ensure fair distribution of resources irrespective of the economic backgrounds of the people.
20. Uphold the sanctity of the Indian constitution.
So, let's just keep our fingers crossed for the next 5 years!