Spotting a hickey can attract giggles and stares that may result in you facing some embarrassment. Here are 12 ways you can hide your badge of honour from others to see!
1. Rubbing the back of a cold spoon on the hickey can reduce the swelling.
2. Applying aloe vera gel can boost the process of healing.
3. Soothe the skin surface by using the inside part of a banana peel.
4. Applying ice can reduce the swelling and minimize the appearance.
5. Putting some alcohol on and around your love bite can reduce irritation and the inflammation.
6. Pressing a cylindrical object like a pen cap, hard on the hickey for 5 minutes can break the blood clot and decrease the swelling.
7. Rub the bristles of your toothbrush on the affected area gently for at least 5-10 minutes to reduce the red mark on the skin.
8. Use a coin on your kiss mark and scrap on it to break the blood clot.
9. Applying a warm compress on your love bite will improve blood flow and boost the healing process.
10. You can always apply some foundation in the affected area to hide the bruise mark.
11. Gently massage a cream or lotion rich in vitamin K to avert clotting of blood.
12. Vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acid present in tuna oil, when applied to the love bite, can revive damaged skin cells.
These hacks will come in handy the next time you have a ‘vampire bite’!