Sports might be very interesting but some of us just don't like it. The whole world might be crazy about cricket and football and tennis and F1 and golf but, let's face it, not all of us enjoy it. Which makes it a big problem if we hang out with peeps who are absolutely bonkers about sports. Here are 13 problems you face if you're the only one in your group who doesn't follow sports:
1. You don't have the first clue about what's happening in the sports world.
"Saw the match last night?""What match? Was it a cricket match? Or football?"
2. The technicalities make absolutely no sense at all.
"A drop volley from outside the D scored in the death.""WHATTT?"
3. You obviously don't understand the rules.
4. You can never pronounce the names.
Wojciech Szczesny. Jakub Błaszczykowski. Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. WHA!!!
5. You can't believe people can spend their Saturday evenings watching TV.
"Seriously? You'll sit and watch a match rather than party with friends?"
6. Watching the match in a stadium is even more painful.
"You've got to be kidding! We're going to spend the entire day sitting in the sun? Can't we just watch a movie or something?"
7. Never mind watching a match, sitting through a full-fledged sports discussion is even worse.
"Seriously, don't you guys ever talk about anything else?"
8. You don't understand any of the gibberish people post on FB and Twitter after a big match.
9. You don't understand how people can 'support' teams that are on the other side of the planet.
"You're in South Delhi and you support a team in North London? How does that work?"
10. You also don't understand the hatred towards specific players!
"That Rooney is such a #@*&@#""Jeez, what did he ever do to you!?"
11. You obviously don't understand the anger/pain that follows every defeat.
"Entire fucking week is spoilt after that match!""Chill out, bro! It's just a game."
12. Speaking of which, you don't understand why people go bonkers when you say 'It's just a game!'
13. You never understand how people can remember all the players and their scores.
"Remember the match in Sharjah in 1998 when Sachin scored 143?""Wow! I don't even remember how much I scored in my board exam!"